Editing and Proofreading Services
My journalism skills are regularly put to use in a variety of ways, including:
- Proofreading magazines for style, copyediting issues and design mistakes
- Editing or rewriting long-form magazine features. If the draft you assigned to an inexperienced writer disappointed, I can fix it.
- Freshening headlines and copy for annual special sections and reports — when you need virtually the same content to look and feel new.
- Editing master’s theses, grad school papers, annual reports, new business proposals and more. I’ve helped a lot of people polish their prose as a way to strengthen their voice and their message.
Reported Articles and Essays
I’ve won several Associated Press awards for feature writing and column writing, and was named the Reporter of the Year in South Carolina by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) in 2008. In addition, my essays have been syndicated on The Huffington Post. If you have a publication or website in need of reported content or thoughtful essays written in a clear voice, I can help. A few examples of my work:
- First-person essay in The Washington Post
- Cover story in South Magazine
- Reported piece for Grandparents.com
- Profile feature in The Indianapolis Star
- Celebrity Q&A in GQ.com
Business Blog Writing
Keeping a social media presence is essential in today’s business world, and that means driving traffic to your website through fresh, informative content delivered to their social media feeds on-the-regular. I’ve been a blogger for more than 10 years and have experience ghost writing blog posts for a variety of industries. I understand how to write SEO-friendly blog copy in the right tone and with the right content that will attract followers and generate interest in your business.
- A personal blog post I wrote that won a contest for its alignment with a brand’s message and target audience.
Books and Memoirs
Dynamic leaders with interesting backgrounds or impressive careers owe it to the next generation of entrepreneurs and business executives to share their stories and the lessons they’ve learned along the way. Contact me if you want a book or memoir written about your company, your industry or yourself.